The program is designed to support those young people who are already in leadership positions either in their workplace, school or community as well as those who are keen to enhance their skills in this area. Everyone who attends RYLA does so because someone sees leadership potential in them. Sometimes people attend because they have heard about the program from a past participant and want to personally grow and develop.Lots of young people have done RYLA over the years varying in qualifications, interests and backgrounds.
RYLA is beneficial for any young person who wants to learn more about themselves and others and is prepared to contribute their ideas and life experiences at the seminar.
- Are you/do you know an employer with a potential young leader in the workplace?
- Who has presented to your club who works with local youth?
- Who are those young people connected with sporting groups?
- Where are your youth exchange students NOW?
- Who serves you at the local shops?
You need to ensure your participant has a means of travel to and from the RYLA seminar. You are also welcome to attend the RYLA dinner on the last night of camp to support your participant.
- Developing Potential as a Leader
- Current Leadership Issues for young people
- Public Speaking and Communication Skills
- Goal Setting and motivation
- Developing Self Confidence and Self Esteem
- Career Guidance
- Outdoor Activities
- Special Presentation Dinner and Concert
- Demonstrate Rotary’s respect and concern for youth
- Provide an effective training experience for youth and potential leaders
- Encourage leadership of youth by youth
- Recognize publicly young people who are rendering service to their communities