All great programs have to have aims and objectives and RYLA is no different! Rotary takes its commitment to helping young people be their best very seriously and they have a long standing relationship with young people throughout the world.
RYLA was adopted as an official program of Rotary International in 1971 and has been a worldwide success ever since. It is the most comprehensive youth leadership training that Rotary delivers.
The aims of RYLA are:
- To Provide an Effective Training Experience for Selected Youth and Potential Leaders
- To Encourage Leadership of Youth by Youth
- To Recognise Publicly Young People who are Rendering Service to their Communities
Every RYLA Program includes elements of the following:
- Fundamentals of Leadership
- Ethics of Positive Leadership
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving and Conflict Management
- Rotary’s Purpose and Service to the Community
- Building Self Confidence and Self Esteem
- Elements of Global Citizenship